Brico Depot v Brico Marche ?

Uncle Homer

Firstly if anyone can tell me when Brico Marche in Bellac is opening that would be great, i need to buy some windows/doors and i do have a Brico Depot brochure but not one yet for Brico Marche as they have not opened yet, is it worth me waiting for them to open or are the prices much the same ??? thankyou in advance..

Grant

We have a Brico Marche not far from us and when we were looking for windows we looked at their prices, we also had the Brico Depot price list. Marche were dearer by quite a bit, we asked them if they did the price guarentee thingy the same as Depot. We got the windows from depot in the end. You might try lapeyre ? they have quite good bargins sometimes but it is a suck it and see re sizes on offer. But saying this we usually use Marche for our diy stuff as the prices are usually not bad. Plus Depot is 50 odd miles away.

Good luck

Steve

I'm a bit tired now so forgive my brief reply - Brico Marché are crap, Brico Depot are a bit better and generally cheaper.  Odd exceptions on sales goods.  Brico Depot are miles ahead in terms of window and door choices and prices.

Brico Depot is definitely cheapest - The branch in Perpignan is usually heaving. Gaillac is busy too.

I would however urge that you really check the quality - some of it

fine, but some a bit so so. Personally I found the windows a bit nasty.

Went to Lapeyre in the end, but in truth, the windows my builder fitted

were by far the best ( from the builders merchants - to order &

standard ). Find a builder to buy at 5.5% and bung him a 'favour' is an

option !

I would agree to some extent with Cassis about Brico Depot being better then Brico Marche, they are certainly cheaper, but it all depends on the quality of your local Brico Marche empire (ours is not bad ) If you have a Depot around the corner go for that, but if you have to go on an away day to get your day to day diy supplies the local shop would work out cheaper and more convenient. Re getting the local builders supplier to obtain the goods at 5% tax, I would have no problem with that, it maybe is "against the law" but I think we are taxed too much anyway and if you can save a bit go for it.

I shall await the comments.

Steve

All the Brico Marche places I've been in are closer to high street shops than builders supplies. They are the large warehouse places and so sell the stuff. However, their prices seem higher than one can get elsewhere and a lot of their space seems taken with "ornaments", paper/plastic flowers, curtains, car spares, pet food, etc., etc. don't know about Brico Depot. I only use my Bricomarche for odds and ends as they are the closest. More major stuff I go to the better suppliers (better quality for lower price).

Ian