drainage

Anthony Rowland

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a diagram of the French wastewater and sewage system. We have recently had a manhole installed in our garden in France which connects to the main drainage, so that we can connect the house and extension to it at a later date, but there are 2 pipes in the manhole instead of one as in England and these connect to the 1 large pipe in the road.I would be grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks Tony.

[quote user="Anthony Rowland"]Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a diagram of the French wastewater and sewage system. We have recently had a manhole installed in our garden in France which connects to the main drainage, so that we can connect the house and extension to it at a later date, but there are 2 pipes in the manhole instead of one as in England and these connect to the 1 large pipe in the road.I would be grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks Tony.[/quote]

Two pipes as in "one in and one out" ?  Or "two pipes in, two pipes out" ?

Could it be one for grey water connections from the house, one for foul water?

Alcazar

[quote user="Anthony Rowland"]Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a diagram of the French wastewater and sewage system. We have recently had a manhole installed in our garden in France which connects to the main drainage, so that we can connect the house and extension to it at a later date, but there are 2 pipes in the manhole instead of one as in England and these connect to the 1 large pipe in the road.I would be grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks Tony.[/quote]

As another poster said. You really need to contact your mairie. Each department has slightly different rules and in some cases if you do it wrong you will have to put it right at your expense.

Here is a nice diagram that gives you an indication of what may be required. You may not need the Dispositif Anti-Reflux between your plumbing and your boite de brancement, at the left of the diagram. This device is for flood areas and will probably depend on the flood rating of your locality.

http://www.assainissement-cites-en-champagne.fr/chalons-en-champagne/reseau-public-assainissement.pdf

Where I live, in a small town, I contacted the local water company, as well, to find out whether they required anything special for testing my DIY installation.