Cement Mixer

sheldonrobbo

The ones I've seen for hire from the professional hire shops are the larger capacity ones ranging from 100 litres to 190 litres and cost upwards of about 27€ per day plus VAT.

It depends on how much work you need to do. If it's not going to be on the go all day every day then a cheap one as suggested will do the work.

Benjamin

I agree with the others - better to buy and if it's a big job, buy a bigger one then flog it.

Little 100l job from Brico Depot 115€; more solid 125 litre job 149€; 160l 182€; 180l 256€.  The bigger ones mix more than I can handle at once for stone laying, bricklaying, rendering and the like but you might think about an even larger one if you're mixing concrete for casting.  But then I would buy off a lorry anyway.

I'd agree with the comments about buying. We have a 160l cheapo from Brico Marche bought a few years ago. It's been no problem. This year I've mixed concrete for two room floors one of them was almost 4cu metres - no problems at all for the mixer. Me and my other half, now that was another story. I've since done another at around 3 cu M and that was a doddle. If you see an English couple in Normandy with Popeye biceps then you'll know it's us.  Unfortunately I couldn't get access for a truck but at least no problem with the mixer. I plan to sell it on eventually.