Plasterer needed

James

Hello,

I am in the Villedieu les poeles area (50) and need a UK trained plasterer to skim coat the plasterboard in our new room. Could you recommend someone who is a registered artisan? I have joint filled in the past and cant bear the mess with sanding etc.

Many thanks James.

I got a plasterer to look at the plasterboard that the previous owner had fitted and he said that it was plasterboard designed for dry lining (i.e. just fill the joints). He said it was thus very smooth and would probably not take a plaster skim.

I thus did the joints and it is perfect. However, what sort of plasterboard have you fitted as, from what this builder told me, it may not be take a plaster skim.

Ian

The plaster boards are often ivory side for plaster skimming and grey / brown for side for taping and jointing followed by direct painting. In truth though it really doesnt make a jot of difference which side is shown as the only real difference is in drying times when skimming. Generally have your plasterboards ivory side showing and the jobs a good un.

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I have been very busy renovating. If anyone knows of a plasterer please post, as it would save me a lot of time joint filling.

Thanks James.