web site for latest deals

Alane

While searching on google for something unrelated I came across this site, which I've not seen reference to on here before,

www.promo-conso.net

it lists, amongst others, the current deals being offered by the DIY sheds with the option of looking at scanned images of the catalogues and promotional flyers of the likes of Brico Depot etc as well as the Hypermarkets such as Leclerc and Aldi.

It seems to be free to look at a single page at a time but requires registration with payment to gain access to PDF's of a complete catalogue.Useful for looking up what deals are on before making a trip.

No thanks needed - I get enough benefit from this forum so am happy if this is helpful to someone else.  I realised after I posted it that it is probably in the wrong forum and should have been posted in the "links" section.

Hmm...

"Useful links about France section/French living" just above the "Travelling to/from France" section.

I can't find anything about sausages on there but you can try

www.sausagelinks.co.uk

or

http://www.sausages.co.nz/

where you can glean useful tips like "The secret to a moist and tender sausage is as little handling as possible" and

"If your stuffing your sausages into casings with a stuffer like mine then there will be a small amount of mixing at that stage too.".

"""I'm afraid Chris can't get over the need to make teacher jokes. """

You may well find that he was a repressed student and frightened of his teach?

I was! One of my teachers was a bloke called Mr Blow, he taught languages. He once caught me calling him Mousure le Puff and made me do 1000 lines "I shall not call Mr Blow Monsure le Puff". It worked, I never called him that again when he could hear me!! Dick, the spelling was correct to the time!

I too wondered why N Retired hadn't said Ta, such an easy word?

Perhaps he has not been on line for a while - let's give the benefit of the doubt.

Our maths teacher in 5th form was Sammy Duggan.  He was deaf in his right ear.  One day we were having a game of "see how close you can whipcrack your scarf/tie to Sammy's ear" while he was writing on the board.  Unfortunately I got too close and clipped his ear.  I was banned from maths for the rest of the term and warned not to take it at "A" level, which is how I ended up doing English, French and Latin instead.

Happy Days.

Belated apologies to Sammy and teachers everywhere.

We used to have a deaf languages teacher. She used to lip-read. I used to like to walk up behind her when she was talking to a kid and blow a whistle really loudly. This made the kid jump and by the time she turned round to see what was going on I was smiling innocently... (That was in my early years of teaching)

When I was at school I had a blind English teacher - honest. We also had a guy called Maxie (can't remember his real name) who used to go down the pub at lunchtimes and snooze through afternoon geography. If he woke up you could always get him to tell you about his wartime experiences, or tell his old joke about getting virgin metals out of dirty ores...  But that was the early 60s

Then there was Bunjy with his fearsome eyebrows and two-foot leather strap - bigger than any of the other Brothers' straps.  Where on earth did they get these devices from?  Was there a special teacher's supply shop which stocked canes, straps and other instruments of torture?

Despite frequent punishments (did I ever mention I was also banned from French lessons for a term in third year for stealing Bunjy's strap?) I liked school, though.

Paddy McKendry was a flame-haired Scottish history teacher (came from Scotland, didn't teach Scottish history)  with ENORMOUS hands.  He once belted me around the ear and I went with the blow, taking over my desk and chair as I went to the floor. 

Could he be a relative of yours, Dick?

Are you sure I haven't told you all these schoolday stories before?

Achtung Spitfire!!!!!! Look out, therez a flying sausodge now, good grief!

My last school was Barnfield Secondary Modern boyz skool. Loads of the boyz went onto good further education. Well it was approved anyway, is that the same? The deputy head was nicknamed Chalky. Do you remember Giles the cartoonist, well he went there too and Chalky in the cartoons was based on our one. A right brugger he was too. One of the lads had the cane for something so he went home and told his dad. Dad came in and started in at Chalky and he whacked him too. Oh those were the daze!!

Giles came back into school just before I left and presented the school with a very large cartoon of all of the teachers. Made a change from the normal morning assembly.

I didn't go onto the further ed. I joined the R.A.F. as a Boy Entrant and went to St Athans for 18 months YUUUUUKKKKK!!!! What a bruddy hole!