Declaration D'Ouverture De Chantier

lespins

We are having building works commence at our barn on 14/5 and need to submit the above declaration to the Mairie.

Has anyone seen an English version of the form that will help us complete it correctly?

We have three copies that came with the Permis De Construie, do we have to submit all copies or are they for when we have further work carried out. We plan on doing the renovation in stages over the next year.

Any help/advice as always greatly appreciated.

From memory, one of the declaration forms which came with the permis is to be filled in and handed in at the mairie when you begin work, and another when you finish work.  I don't remember that there was a lot to fill in other than a couple of dates.

You can't take for ever to finish but staging it over a year is fine.

Yes, that is correct.     There really is not much to fill in - if you have even a modicum of french you will probably find that the mairie's assistant or whatever will help you out.     I took my form down for commencing the works and pointed out what i thought needed completing, and was practically knocked over in the rush of everyone in the office (including the mayor) wrestling the form out of my hands to try and fill it in !     But in truth, as cassis states, there is so little to complete that you can i am sure work out without too much hassle - but unless i have just got very lucky, then you will probably get a positive response if you ask for assistance.

All three copies of the ouverture form go to the Mairie, and you will get one back, stamped. the other form goes in once you have completed the work

Don't forget to display the board with the permit number, otherwise the neighbours will have even longer to contest your permit, if they are so inclined.