Micro stations

maude

In view of the mounting revolutionary pressure on all and sundry to suddenly after thousands of years upgrade drainage of houses to acceptable levels,i have a couple of questions from people in the know!Not complaining about the upgrading,just concerned about the formidable bureaucratic costs in "conforming",i.e soil surveys etc.

Does anyone have a self contained micro station system,and what happens to the run off.? I am trying to avoid the costs and certain destruction of the garden with a huge sand filter and all that it entails.Can the run off water be used for irrigation of non food plants without the filtration soak away?Any advice or experience very welcome before I disturb the colloqial hornets nest and shell out for the soil survey etc.Many thanks-  Maude

Upstream watermill has one (as they have limited land plus I assume the level of the water table). It was installed some time ago and I don't know the costs but they would be out-of-date anyway). Their's is installed underground (i.e. all they have in the garden is a manhole cover. The drainage from the device is straight into the river (no filters, nothing, just a pipe from the machine to the river (a few meters away)

Ian.