Electricity meter more than 30m from house

derf

We are nearing completion on our new build house and EDF are coming tomorrow to fit the meter!
The house is more than 30 m from the EDF meter (40 m) and I know that they will not connect up to the house, and that, it is our responsibility to get this done at our cost. What I would like to know is it something I can get a friend to do? He is a fully qualified UK electrician, he lives but does not work in France and would be doing me a favour,  the gaine is in place, the tableau and all the house electrics have been done by the building company. I believe that we need to supply a coffret back to back with the EDF meter and a disjoncteur. Maybe someone can give me the full facts regarding this.
I have had some quotes of over €2000 to do the job, which for a simple connection at each end and to supply & pull 40m of cable through the gaine I find excessive.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Les

Nick.

Thanks for the speedy and informative reply, hopefully that will save me a few euros, getting the utilities connected have cost enough already.  

What do think about the extra coffret back to back with the EDF one? Most new builds around here over the 30m rule seem to have them, is it a regional thing?

I was told in the early stages of the build that we would require this extra coffret and disjoncteur and then EDF would make their final connection to this, after getting the certificate from the Consuel.

I am just about to go up to the land to see if EDF have been, I paid them for the work last November, apparently only 6 months wait is a good result. [:D]

EDIT:

EDF have beeen today and fitted what looks like a coffret with 4 compartments 2 on one side and 2 on the other side. if that helps.