Gaine for Telephone connection

Alane

Lots to do next week on our barn conversion - one of the jobs I'd at least like to start is to put in the gaine for the - eventual - telephone connection. As I understand it we need to put in green gaine to near to the telegraph pole on our boundary - leaving enough spare either to go directly to the pole or allow for an inspection trap just inside the boundary. My reference book shows that two green gaines are necessary to the Gaine Technique Logement in the house. I can't understand why I need two - can anyone shed any light on this or confirm it is wrong please.

[quote user="Alane"]

Lots to do next week on our barn conversion - one of the jobs I'd at least like to start is to put in the gaine for the - eventual - telephone connection. As I understand it we need to put in green gaine to near to the telegraph pole on our boundary - leaving enough spare either to go directly to the pole or allow for an inspection trap just inside the boundary. My reference book shows that two green gaines are necessary to the Gaine Technique Logement in the house. I can't understand why I need two - can anyone shed any light on this or confirm it is wrong please.

[/quote]

Yes, you need 2 - green ones - 40mm. One of them is a spare - I guess that FT have some grand scheme for world dominantion via fibre-optics or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information - I've just got back from a week away so apologies for not replying earlier.

Due to the foul weather for most of the week I concentrated on inside jobs but will get around to this next trip.