Chauffe-eau

Le_Jars

Does anyone have a cumulus with several settings underneath? Mine has a switch on a plastic 'bulge' below it that can be put into 2 or 3 different positions. Unfortunately I only discovered this when I'd mounted it on the wall and boxed most of it in, so trying to see what they say is almost impossible. Does anyone know what they do?

I would look it up if I could find a name on it!

Coincidentally, now the stupid thing is making the RCD flip off which is very irritating as we have guests staying there that need hot water! I haven't touched any settings or anything but now it won't allow me to switch it back on - the switch flips down each time. I'm no electrician, so can anyone give me any ideas as to what could be causing it? It's protected by a 20 amp RCD and has an analogue timer on it.

I'm an electrician..

If it is the "main" breaker that is going, it is probably a loading (as in too much power being used) issue. Try turning off other high-power devices (kettle, oven, heaters, etc).

If it is its own breaker (that is going), then the chances are it is faulty. Get it changed, they don't cost much. (Solve your identity crisis, too).

Thanks Nick, I tried again today with everything else in the room off (it's a 'utility' room) and it seems to be okay. I've instructed the guests to not use everything at the same time (we'll see if that sinks in!). :)

PS I still don't know what the switch at the base of the cumulus does. It seems to have 2 settings. Maybe I'll just have to experiment.