Electricity Junction Boxes

redcap

Can anyone advise me how much it costs approx to move the electricity meters and main supply (which are currently in my living room) to say the cellar. I have been given differing views and wonder if anyone has actually had this done as part of a renovation. The cellar is directly below the present system.

thanks

Dave

Redcap, I'm considering the same thing; the cable comes into the house

by the old front door and it's a  l o n g  diagonal drag from the

EDF pole. I'm thinking of putting it just inside the new front door which

is actually nearer the pole so it would mean them shortening the cable.

Next time I go into Gueret I'm going to sit in the EDF office for an

hour and ask for a site survey and quote. I'll let you know how much it

is.

It would also give them the opportunity to install a meter reading head

on the outside, which I understand they're keen to do these days.

I'll keep you posted.

p

edited for clarity

I know someone who had the supply box moved from inside the kitchen to the external wall of the house. I am not certain, but I think that they paid arouns €700 for EDF to do this. If you ask EDF for a devise (quote), they will do that for free - or they did 18 months ago.

We've just had ours relocated from "cuisine" to "bouanderie", not much difference in length.It is however all new cable from post over the lane,new plaque and remote reader added.

Total cost was approx €550,this is in Haute Vienne.

Also for interest,we had similar task carried out in respect to water meter and supply.This came in at similar price too, with remote reader.

Not everyone wants/needs this option I know,but as we are not resident for a while yet seemed a reasonable idea for us.

Johnnyboy.

Here's my findings so far, as per one of  my previous posts:

Well. Thanks to a kind neighbour, who pretended to be me and spoke to EDF from France, I now have the instructions for what I have to do to get them [EDF] to give me a devis. Bearing in mind that I want the main box moved 12" to the right of where it is now and it is staying on the same external wall in the same room, I was surprised that I need to furnish:

Plan de situation

Plan cadestrale

Schema de la situation actuelle

Scema de la modifictaion souhaitee

Photos

BEFORE they will make an appointment to view.

Aaaaaaaaah!

Wow,that sounds a bit heavy!

Ours was just installed where they thought it should be,not sure if our architect or electrician had any input though.

Ours was in what was originally the old living room attached to the rest of the barn.Nice to get it out of sight in bouanderie now too!!

J.