names for chauffe eau types

friend of stouby

I am in the UK for a couple of weeks and want to pre-plan some plumbing work. We will be installing a chauffe eau with a heating coil for boiler heating of the water on top of the usual immersion heater so in effect an indirect? hot water cylinder in English.

I can't work out if all the various types of chauffe eau are all just termed 'chauffe eau' or are there different names?

Thank you

Hi,

You want your boiler in France to be able to heat your Chauffe eau, as well as having it able to heat itself by electric as well?

What I believe the chauffe eau that you need is called  is "chauffe eau avec serpent", in which has an indirect coil inside so that a boiler can heat the water also.  The differences with ordinary chauffe eau's are thermoplonger, where the electric heating element is in direct contact with the water or Steatite where it is not. I always buy the steatite version. 

Hope this is of use James.

If you live in a hard water area then the steatite (indirect element) version is a more expensive but more-or-less essential idea as the calcaire which will build up on  the element of a thermoplonge will kill it eventually. However if you don't live in a hard water area, then it's an unnecessary additional cost.

p