New Build - dept 11 Aude

Hi all,

just joined this site and have read a few of the posts - I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a builder around the Aude - we are buying a piece of land near Limoux and will be looking for a builder quite soon - any other information, good or bad,  would also be appreciated.

cheers

pete

The two defacto builders are Marin between Limoux and Quillan and a guy called Stephan Lamont. The only problem is you may have to wait a while for a slot, normally around a year. I have seen both these peoples work and Marin has the edge and I know of a few that have had their houses built by him (both French and English) and they are all happy. Don't forget to tell your builder for a Devis for every extra and tell the builder that unless it's got both signatures (yours and his) you won't pay for the work. Saves big bills and a load of grief at the end. Never expect to move in on the agreed date either.

Hi Eillen and Quillan,

Thank you for the prompt replies.

@Eillen I have sent you a PM

@Quillan, had a look at your site but we had already booked somewhere to stay, unfortunately, but will keep you in mind for the future, 'cos it looks as though it will be a long job[:)]

We are meeting with Marin in May and, if I can get details, hopefully the others too.

cheers

pete

• 4 months later...