Guide to price for metal stud and plasterboard partitioning please?

Tara1

HI,

We have just had a quote back from a French builder for metal stud partitioning with insulation, plasterboard and skim. Please could anyone give us a guide per m2 for doing this as the price we have had seems incredibly high.

Thanks for your help

PS If any one can recommend good registered general builders in the Correze, Limousin please let me know. We would need someone who can also manage a project.

i think official tradesmen in france have to guarantee their work for 10 years+ thats probably why it seams expensive. you could get someone to do it cheaper on the black but it won't be guaranteed, & without a receipt you can't claim tax releif when you sell your house. best to do it yourself, its not a difficult job with a van & some tape & joint, no need to plaster! cost you about 15% of what you've been quoted, for materials.

i found that tool expensive & in some situations not ideal, in england i use the waifer head self tap screws instead, which is what i'd recomend anyone using, especially if you're only doing a few walls.  ps don't forget insulation if its on an outside wall.

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]

Perhaps 70-100€ per SqM, depending on the complexity of the work.

If anyone told you that building work is cheap in France, they lied.

[/quote]

I find that hard to believe! We've had two lots done over the past 2-3 years; 57 sq m and 46 sq m at an average of 25€ sq m. Ceilings with the rail system 22€ sq m, and plastering on parpaing, 128 sq m at 13.50€. Insulation for the exterior walls at 8€ sq m. Some of these prices are nearly 3 years old now, but even with inflation they won't come to 70€. You shouldn't need a skim if the plasterboarding is done correctly; we certainly didn't need it.

I find that generally the cost of building work is cheaper here and the guys work very hard, starting at 8am and no tea-breaks! The quality of the work is excellent. This particular artisan is based in S Deux-Sevres, so no use for you. I strongly advise you to get another quote.

Happy Christmas

Sid 

For your information batiprix quotes for 'cloisson standard 72 mm ep.' with insulation including finished joints 38.37 euros HT/sq.m.

I would suggest you get other quotes there'll always be someone who'll do a rubbish job for less - especially if you tell them the price they have to beat.