LIVING FRANCE EXPO 2009 Earls Court Exhibition Centre

Poolguy

Message to all you Home Rennovation people

You all my or may not know by no that there is a rather fantastic Expo on each year at this time run by our host Living France.

So naturally its called the LIVING FRANCE EXPO 2009 at the Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London starting on the 9 till 11 Jan.

We'll be there on stand number P230 to answer all your queries about Solar systems and to suggest Solar improvements to your Home heating for the coming year, so come on in and sample the great cooking in the lifestyle section, or wander in to the Property part and say Hi to us. Its good to meet the people that we converse with over the Forum throughout the year; - put a face to the avatar (so to speak).

Even if you don't have a House in France, or will be looking next year come and see us anyway.

Good luck and prosperous 2009 to all

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Our thanks to all those who came to visit us At Living France Show Earls Court over the Weekend- a very successful show and great fun, (especially the Can-Can dancers).

We are back at work again and look forward to serving you again in 2009. Hope that you all had rollicking New Year and did not suffer too much from the big Freeze.

Regards

Poolguy

Attended the France Show at Earls Court on Saturday (good job I looked at the tickets before getting there as I was off to Olympia).

It did not seem that there were not as many exhibitors as the previous year, nor as many visitors.

Last year additional seating was being placed in the seminar rooms and people were still being sent away due to over demand. This year, in the three that I attended there were empty seats.

I presume that this is a sign of the times that we are in.

Of the three seminars that I attended, two were by Philip Freirs (spelling?) who started France magazine. A very entertaining speaker whose talks highlighted the joys of travelling down France by the back roads and the other of life in Gascony. His first talk made us decide that instead of the early shuttle on a Friday morning and bomb down to 31 our July trip would see us going over Thursday evening, stop overnight near Vierzon and then meander down back roads).The other seminar concerned the first six months in France but also included some of the buying process. I must admit that some of the speakers experiences were not ours.

With both speakers it was heartening to hear of the experience of a better way of life, especially the attitude of youths being more friendly and positive.

Hopefully, the show will still happen next year because, in spite of this, it does provide an enjoyable day out and, for me, an opportunity to add to the bookshelves. Things will get better.

Paul