Bill for plumbing repair

mike.m

Hi JR ,

The new face I referred to was the new owner ; the work installing my system in May must have been one of his final jobs ( he was looking a bit world weary but was apparently only 56 when he retired ! One of those guys who loved working with heavy steel pipes  not the arty farty modern copper stuff , found modern systems too straightforward so he enjoyed working on our old pipes which needed a lot of rearrangement to align with the new system  . Real artisan and he'd passed on a good work ethic to the two lads who did most of the cutting and threading .   The new owner had an existing heating business and took over the "succession " ; same vans staff etc.  He may be perfectly sound ; havent had the opportunity to form an opinion yet .

I've concluded after reading  all your thoughtful contributions that if I argue the toss its likely to sour future relations and ultimately not be worth the 80 odd euros I might save beating the bill down . I will however put a short note in with the cheque expressing gratitude for the timely response and good work but a little disappointment at the amount of the bill in view of their previous excellent value . Hopefully this will remove any suspicioun that I might be a easy touch in future quotes and also bank a bit of moral credit .

Thanks again for all the advice.