Application to turn outbuilding into gite.. dept 35

cassie

Have just returned from completeing on our "project" in Dept. 35.  Visited Mairie to discuss the possibility of turning 2 outbuidings into gites.  The mayor indicated this was unlikely (but it would take 6-12 months to obtain official decision) because the buildings were" within 100 metres of a building that might contain farm animals."

Has anybody heard of this restriction before and is there any way around it?

Thanks

I believe the maire is refering to Art L111 of the Rural Code.

Broadly speaking "... aucune construction d'habitation ne peut être

édifiée ou aménagée à moins de 50

mètres (100 mètres au-dessus d'un certain seuil) d'une

exploitation agricole d'élevage, même dans les zones réputées constructibles

des Plans d'Occupation des Sols.

La

distance de recul est calculée à partir du lieu

d'élevage des animaux.

Cette

interdiction de construire s'éteint lors de la disparition de

l'exploitation agricole.
"

(no residential building can be built or upgraded within 50 meters (100 meters above a certain threshold) of a cattle farm, even in areas known for building Plans Occupation of Land . <br> The distance is measured from the place of animal farming. <br> This prohibition dies out upon the demise of the farm.)

Having read the legal instrument am I right in the interpretation that there is an exclusion for buildings which are 'an extension' to an existing domestic property?

Reason for asking is that I have two out buildings I want to develop 1) Into a garage by widening existing door 2) A byre which I want to convert into a disabled access annexe.

The buildings are adjoined back to back by a party wall and connected to my garage which connects to my Hangar which connects to my house.....are they therefore  errrrrr exxtensions?

I  allow a neighbour to run her sheep on my garden (Fluffy lawn mowers) and let her use a small stone shed to keep them in overnight. Shed is only about 20 feet from the buildings I want to develop but I wouldn't want to turf the old lady's sheep out!

Many thanks Clair

When I asked one of the assistants at the Mairie if I would need to apply for a C. U. to renovate the  20 % of the building adjoining  our bit , she said "No..cos you are already living in the attached habitable building".

Your response throws this into some doubt.

I would be grateful for your further comments.

Thanks a lot

The restriction does not apply to buildings attached to the existing habitable space.

[quote]... la même exigence d'éloignement doit être imposée à ces derniers à toute

nouvelle construction et à tout changement de destination précités à

usage non agricole nécessitant un permis de construire, à l'exception

des extensions de constructions existantes
[/quote]