Electrics- Gaine/Sheathing

Pontius

Just looking at options for doing an installation.  Walls are solid stone, some block and some are beton cellulaire (breeze block).  In the UK you'd probably use 6242Y and sheath it.  Other option would be to use oval conduit and plaster over.  I can't imagine how you would run the French gaine up inside a block wall without chasing out and then how you'd fill in a hollow block wall fills me with dread! Could chase out the cellulaire I suppose.  Now I know you can't use cable with bare earth so my question is; can you use oval tubing with individual cables and plaster over?  Any other suggestions welcome!

Our French and very professional electrician chased out our internal hollow block-work walls for a remarkably quantity of gaines. He even had a useful double diamond cut angle-grinder that made nice parallel cuts of just the right width (adjustable for bigger gaines I think). I wondered if the wall would then fall down, but it didn't. He did a very nice job re-cementing it all, and with luck when we eventually lean on the wall it will stay where it is.

For what it's worth, the plumber did the same thing for the water-pipes, also in gaines (he didn't have the handy angle-grinder though).