Lapeyre ISOPRIX vs CLASSIC BOIS

joidevie

Is having the gap in the glass filled with gas really enough to warrant the extra cost? Lapeyre energy 'rate' the Isoprix as class "E" and the Classic Bois as "B" - could this be a marketing ploy to get people to 'upgrade'?

I have previously used the cheaper Isoprix but have a large number of windows to replace in my new house.. Also, I plan to paint the woodwork, and the cheaper ones seem less 'finished' and thus perhaps taking paint better..

Many thanks for any opinions..

Brico Depot windows are also filled with argon & they are much cheaper than Classic Bois windows. I agree they are not as well finished but if you are going to paint them it's possible to give them a little TLC. Brico Depot don't make to measure which is a shame because we are looking for 7 really big DG units (150 wide x 175 high) & they are a mindblowing price of around 7 grand through Lapeyre!!!!

Mrs Postie

[quote user="Postie"]Brico Depot windows are also filled with argon & they are much cheaper than Classic Bois windows. I agree they are not as well finished but if you are going to paint them it's possible to give them a little TLC. Brico Depot don't make to measure which is a shame because we are looking for 7 really big DG units (150 wide x 175 high) & they are a mindblowing price of around 7 grand through Lapeyre!!!! Mrs Postie[/quote]

Castorama, the upmarket brother of Brico Depot do made to measure - but at about 3 times the price of a similar sized ready made from BD

Paul

Thanx P2 - seems to be the same everywhere - I will check out Castorama but I might have to make them myself if I can't get some at a reasonable price. I will probably save quite a bit even if they do take months to make.

Cheers Postie