any idea on cost???

sunny

Hello,

We will probably need to rebuild a stone wall, that is 6-10 feet high, and 15 meters long.

Any idea on cost?

Also, should we rebuild using traditional stone and lime, or put steel beams and cement with a stone facade...what are the pros and cons?

Many thanks!

Can we have a bit more info on the wall please, is it a garden wall or what?

What's the subsoil like?

Are you in a special area where you need permission (eg national park, near a listed building)?

Are you asking for a DIY price or an artisan cost?

[quote user="Polly"]Can we have a bit more info on the wall please, is it a garden wall or what?

What's the subsoil like?

Are you in a special area where you need permission (eg national park, near a listed building)?

Are you asking for a DIY price or an artisan cost?

[/quote]

Hi Polly,

It is a garden/terrace wall. Not sure what the subsoil is like...probably rocky?

We do not need permission - the wall exists, it has just crumbled in many places, and the whole thing needs to be rebuilt.

We are looking for artisan costs and any suggestions on the right way to rebuild so that it stays put for a long time.

many thanks!

'scuse me BUT if you're listed or next door to listed (for ex) you can't just build anything, which is why I mentioned it. You seemed to be looking at various options for structure

Right, so you have a falling down-wall, why not just get some local maçons in to quote (at least 2), then you'll KNOW the likely cost, not a guesstimate from us lot who haven't seen it? It costs nothing to get quotes.

We are not next to a listed building and this is just one of the terraces within our land, and not bordering any one else.

I was hoping someone might have rebuilt a stone wall, and could provide some guesstimate...there are so many things to get done that I am trying to prioritise what work to get quotes for. I had in my mind a figure of 5,000 euros...if it will be much higher than that, I will not bother to get quotes at the moment, and wait for a year or so before fixing the wall...