Cat5 cable for prises RJ45

Chancer

Its the same type of thing. There are a few things the review does not tell you. Yes its compatible with several versions of Windows but with Vista and Windows 7 it relies on you having versions that contain the media server software which means if you don't have it then you need to upgrade as is the same with all of these products unless you buy a NAS. For older versions of Windows it has its own media server software which is nowhere as good as the MS version. The issues with this is that it requires you to create a user on your PC and 'share' the folders containing the media files and you need to log in to your PC via the extender every time you use it. Other reviews (Lesnumeriques for example) have said that "The navigation interface is very poor" and "In addition, it is not possible to display the photos in a folder as thumbnails. Just as it is not possible to make a video jukebox (individual records for movies and series with cover and synopsis). In short, a basic interface.". It also uses the Realtek chipset which is not the best in the world and is limited because it has the Codec's built in unlike other models that download new ones via your PC and Internet automatically. This is important for 'future proofing' releases of Codec's. Lesnumeriques also said "The chip used is the smart entry-level HD Realtek chip, the RTD1073. It offers a high level of compatibility but it sometimes has a limit on videos at high speed. Past the 30 Mbps, jerks and slip of images can be seen".

There are many better and in some cases cheaper extenders out there that are much easier to use.

The benefit to users of using extenders that are specifically designed to run with Windows Media Server software (that's what now comes with Vista and W7 Home Premium and Ultimate versions) is that they display a screen which the same as you see on your PC. People therefore find it a lot easier to navigate round a screen that they are used too. As to the MS Media Server software, well it been around for years but prior to Vista and W7 required a dedicated PC to run it and came complete with a cut down version of Windows Server software. Now its combined in to the operating system versions I have mentioned above.

The best system without doubt is the Sonos system but its beyond the reach of most people because of its cost and the cost of adding further extenders. We now have the Linksys box's in most rooms for guests to use, each one connected by cable via a high speed switch unit to a central PC and Linksys NAS. This means each room can watch videos or listen to music as it wish's independent of other rooms i.e. you don't all have to listen to or watch the same as the rooms where as with some others you all have to watch or listen to the same. I like Linksys units because they are made by Cisco, a reputable company who's networking equipment I have used a lot over the years and is very popular in the commercial world. They have good reviews and in general and are easy to setup and use. Apart from the Windows 7 issue with the particular extender I have mentioned in the other post they perform very well and 'do what they say on the tin'.

[quote user="Quillan"]

Is there nothing you don't know about or are you simply a jack of all trades and a master of none? One thing for certain is you do engage your fingers before using your brain or in this case bothering to read peoples posts.

The video link you gave is about making off patch cables not the wall box's which if you watched it yourself you would realize and it was installing the infrastructure that the OP was asking about and not patch leads. By the way the reason for removing the outer insulation to a prescribed length for patch leads is not primarily to do with reducing the quality of the cable but to ensure the outer can be gripped by the cable support when the end is crimped because it is a single operation crimp. By that I mean it crimps both the wires and applies the cable support at the same time. Again this information is totally irrelevant at this time to the OP because that's not what he is asking about.

[/quote]

The OP will be using a GTL, Gaine Technique Logement, including brassage. There will be accordingly a "panneau de brassage" which will incorporate female RJ45 sockets. In a "domotique" situation a panneau de brassage including 24 connection points is popular, this will normally be sufficient to serve the VDI requirements of a small residence. The OP will have to make up cabling of varying lengths and of course male RJ45 connectors will be placed on the respective ends of the cable, when the prescribed 13 mm length will be primordial.

A typical 24 port RJ45 anneau de brassage[IMG]http://www.hellopro.fr/images/produit-2/3/3/3/panneau-de-brassage-24-ports-1u-18333.gif[/IMG]

The crucial 13 mm!!![:)][IMG]http://www.stielec.ac-aix-marseille.fr/cours/abati/domo/images/vdi29.gif[/IMG]

The OP's brain is about to burst having caught up on all the previous postings.

Co-ax was never this complicated!

What a bloomin parlava for someone that buys or rents a home cabled to the latest Normes and just wants to plug in their telly [:'(]

An RJ45 connector on a fridge, whatever next? - no please dont tell me!