Véranda panels

Quillan

Brico Depot used to sell glazed panels in fixed sizes so you could build your own véranda (conservatory if you wish). The one at Clara (66) actually had a Véranda constructed outside with the price on each panel. I have searched all through my BD catalog and their website and can't find them, does this mean they no longer do them? If they don't can somebody please point me at an online site where they sell them. Basically I want to box in my terrasse rather like how the Spanish box in their balconies.

As always thanks in advance

Quillan, do you mean fixed panes, or do you mean  - in effect - sliding patio doors? If the latter, they do (or did up to Nov this year) 2m40's and 1m80's both 2m15 high in plain alu or thermal stop alu. They also do a 2m high version but I can't remember what the width of that one was.

The framework comes in a pack 2m15 x 25cm x 25 cm (ish) with the assorted ironmongery and the handles, and the glass panels are either 1m20 x 2m15(ish) or 0m9 x 2m15 pairs. One man can just about load/unload them into a van, but you really do need 2 people to lift them into the frame.

I have been accidentally given one thermal stop version and five ordinary. (The frames are exactly the same dimentions, and it was only when I was screwing No2 in place that I realised the 1st was a thermal stop version), and I have to say I see very little difference in the amount of condensation on the frame: unless you are planning to heat it and live in it all winter long, I don't think it's worth the extra.

p

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]I have to say I see very little difference in the amount of condensation on the frame: p
[/quote]

Despite your positive view Mac, the evidence would seem to contradict your thoughts. Closer inspection of the construction of the frame needed I think.

The profile of both types of frame is basically a 'U' section, with two ridges in the base (1/3rd and 2/3rds across) to make tracks for the door runners to slide on.

The non-TB version is solid alu. The TB version has the middle third of the 'U' section replaced with high-density plastic. The external profile is is identical, but the internal is, of course, a little thicker.

The doors are double-glazed, and identical (as far as I can see) for each version.

But it only when you look at the area of glass (I have 4 x the 2m40 ones, and 2 x 1m80 ones) and compare it with the area of frame  that you realise how little it matters in the end.

p

Yes but you'd still have continuous alu conducting heat from the inside to the outside.

On other matters....

What did you decide on electrics for the barn/workshop?  New supply, or extend from existing tableau and beef up the abonnement (I've been re-reading very old posts) ?

p