UK Touring Caravan located central France, best place to sell?

friend of stouby

[quote user="idun"]

New rule, I rather think that it always was a rule. Have you got any textes that it has changed.

[/quote]

Idun, preume you were replying to my post....

I did not say it was a new rule but something is telling me in the back of my mind that I had read that there was this rule - wondered if it was why the French seem to prefer motorhomes to touring caravans.

I think you'll find that you are confusing the issue regarding caravans on your land. Restrictions only apply where occupancy is involved. A touring caravan simply parked on your property generally requires no planning permission. There may be variations where specific occupancy rules are in place (covenants etc)

Static caravans are different, of course.

Didn't intend to cause confusion and didn't want to appear to advertise the caravan here either...

We have a small 1 bedroomed cottage and expected certain visitors (as in for a holiday) a few times each year, but their health deteriorated before they could use the caravan. We have friends scattered around the globe who all live by the rule of if you visit anyone only stay 3 days max. So over the last 5 years we have had visitors, some wouldn't use any caravan and stayed at the local country auberge, some brought their own motorhomes along, and some used our caravan.

We have replaced the caravan with a motorhome for our own use, Tour de France, Le Mans etc etc, and guests can use this if required.

Although I can understand the confusion it's probably due to lack of any other qualifying information as didn't want it to appear as a sales pitch. My use of the word accomodation was used correctly though as it accomodates friends on occassion, but apart from it being located in one place it isn't used apart from a few days each year.

Sorry to have caused any problems.

This thread got me thinking....suppose one had a large hangar and one had an occupied (and I don't) caravan within the hangar..could that be considered an 'extra room' for Tax habitation purposes? I don't particularly like caravans but hadn't thought of allowing friends to store theirs or the rules which may apply or if they 'overnighted' ...come to think of it...the turn into the field would be too tight..and I am not demolishing my cowshed lol...as you were....