Selling a Mobile Home in France

I came across this letter in French News and I can't believe the reply.  Can this be correct? 

[IMG]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/Robbie34_photo/FrenchNews.jpg[/IMG]

I know there is the Mobile Home's Act in the UK  and reading this letter it would seem that the contract would be illegal in the UK.  Does anyone know if this is the case in France?

A friend is contemplating the purchase of a mobile home in France but is now having second thoughts.

If you read the letter carefully you will see that the site owner will only allow the vendor to sell the mobile home "off site."  This is virtually impossible in many instances, thus forcing him to accept the site owner's offer.

He's not selling a television set or bicycle here.  The Mobile Home's Act in the UK allows a site owner a maximum of ten per cent commission and the vendor can sell to whom he wishes.  Is there a similar regulation in France?

"IMHO an excellent, common sense reply. But that, of course, is no basis for a law.

The contract says it all. It must have been acceptable or the would-be vendor would not have bought in the first place.

John"

I'm most grateful for your intelligent, incisive and constructive replies.  Your encyclopaedic knowledge of all thigs French is utterly amazing.

I trust I can be of similar assistance to you at a future date.

[quote user="Robbie34"]

I'm most grateful for your intelligent, incisive and constructive replies.  Your encyclopaedic knowledge of all thigs French is utterly amazing.

[/quote]

No problem at all, anytime.

If you or your "friend" want  legal advice on a relatively obscure point I suggest that you ask a French lawyer. Ahh, but that might cost money. [:(]

John

[quote user="Iceni"][quote user="Robbie34"]

[/quote]

No problem at all, anytime.

If you or your "friend" want  legal advice on a relatively obscure point I suggest that you ask a French lawyer. Ahh, but that might cost money. [:(]

John

[/quote]

Why the inverted commas around friend?   And what is the point of such forums, but to seek advice from knowledgeable contributors, which obviously does not include you.

[quote user="Iceni"][quote user="Robbie34"] [/quote]

If you or your "friend" want  legal advice on a relatively obscure point I suggest that you ask a French lawyer. Ahh, but that might cost money. [:(]John

[/quote]

I think that it is perfectly legimate for people to come onto this Forum asking a legal question.  The Forum would be dull if they didn't.  Everyone knows that you have to be careful with any advice asked for or given.  Sometimes you can balance that advice against going to a lawyer.

I don't think that the subject is obscure.  The original article acts as a cautionary point for people entering into mobile home contracts.