Is internal Roof Bonding (Foam spraying) used in France

pgh13

Hi, I have a house in 49 between Chateaubriant and Segre. I recently lost a couple of slates because the galvanised 'crochets' had rusted through. It's a big old roof and I fear once someone starts clambering a lot more slates will go. Is internal spraying of used/acceptable in France? Anyone had experience with contractors in this area?

Thanks

[quote user="sid"]I've never liked the idea of spraying the inside of the roof; it's just covering a multitude of problems. The roofs work well if constructed in the local style; I'd go for a "proper" repair.[/quote]

I'd have to agree, the roof is asking for proper stitch in time, anyone looking at a foamed up roof knows two things,
one, it's covering a problem, two, with less likelihood of saving slates and timber, it is going to be more expensive to strip and repair.

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="BIG MAC"]

[quote user="nomoss"]Google search "slate tingle" for suggestions[/quote]

'Crochet inox' in France.

[/quote]

"Crochet ardoise" yields a more helpful result.

[/quote]

I was aiming to prevent getting the galvanised mild steel version which is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe...but point taken and of course the are the double hook or pointe versions