Jøtul Woodburning Stove

Araucaria

I've recently bought secondhand a Jøtul Woodburning Stove, the model Number 3. It's in pretty good condition.

It was used originally with a rear exit for the flue, and that's how I'll want it too, but from looking at the Jøtul websites there maybe ought to be a special (?) cast-iron collar to accomodate the flue pipe. My stove just has a hole in the back.

Can anyone recommend a helpful Jøtul supplier who might be able to get me this part? Alternatively, does anyone know whether the collar is actually needed? I suspect it is, as the flue gases are hottest at this part of the chimney (just as it leaves the fire) and presumably the galvanised chimney that I intend to use would pretty soon burn through.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got to Mr Bric's stoves department in Aurillac today.  They were very helpful, and they have ordered the parts I need. As far as I was able to tell (and most of Jøtul's on-line parts lists seem to have been translated from the original Norwegian by a monoglot Patagonian) the price was about 60% less than what one of the UK suppliers was quoting.

None of the other UK suppliers quoted a price at all, and one UK dealer I phoned offered a non-Jøtul spare ("which you'll have to adapt") for twice the amount I'm paying in Aurillac for the real thing.

So thanks again Clair.

Mind you, the state of the roads getting there was hair-raising!

[quote user="Araucaria"]... thanks again Clair.

Mind you, the state of the roads getting there was hair-raising![/quote]

You're welcome, but really, you don't need to thank me for reminding you of a shop you already knew about! [:)]

I've dealt with them before Jøtul and Weber parts, and have always found them helpful.

You sure picked your day to drive to Aurillac!

I had to drive 3.5km and back on a steep, snow-covered ice-rink to get to the main road this afternoon, and I before I left, I asked Mr Clair to come and get me if I wasn't back on time, and not to forget a tow-rope!