Low water pressure

marmite

At various parts of the day our water pressure and the neighbours gets very low ( there is only a small flow, not enough to shower by) does anyone know if there is a minimum water pressure that the water company has to adhere to. I think in the UK it is about 1bar, our old neighbour says that Voila is a law unto themselves. This problem applies to both hot and cold water. During the night everything is ok. We used to get terrific pressure but when the supply pipes kept bursting along the road they tinkered with the pressure and its not been the same since. If there is a minimum we might be able to tackle the water company.

I did once trawl around and find the info, it was either 1 bar or 1.5 bar at le pied d'immeuble.

It was not a straightforward thing but comes under the legislation of what makes a logement digne d'habitation, ceiling height, windows, basic electricity supply etc.

I bar will give you  a healthy shower even on the 1st floor, most shower pumps are 1 bar, a gravity tank fed shower in the first floor of a UK house would have about 150 millibar pressure.

You probably have adequate static pressure but it may drop when you draw water if the supply pipe and or main is undersized, the French regulation only dictates the static pressure at the delivery point, not the flow.

Thanks for the reply Chancer.

I think it goes back to the water board reducing the pressure a while back to stop the pipes leaking in the road, but it has reduced the pressure for us I think it has been reduced too much. We are at the end of the line for water (and telephone but that's another problem) Our old neighbour seems to accept this but we are now trying to sort this out. There is also a young couple who have just renovated and old property and have just started living full time there and they say they have had instances where no water comes out of the tap.

What is so annoying, there is a water tower about 50ft from our house that was used until they decided to bypass.

Was hoping for a link or something to their code so we can make a joint approach to the water company ( my written French is not up to reading all the terms and conditions etc.)

Would the static pressure at the delivery point not be the water pressure?

Thanks again