Which make?

JohnRoss

Further to my last post about alternative heating systems to wood burners

we have had a couple of devis for the supply and installation of a heat pump.

The makes quoted for are LG, DAIKIN and ALTECH. The pump would be fitted under a

window in the main living room and the Supra wood burner would be replaced in

the fireplace by something like a 2kW cheminée électrique. Any thoughts on these

makes?..............JR

PS We have recently had our electricity supply increased from 9 to 12kW.

A friend of mine who installs, always favours Daikin. 

I was sent some info the other day about a more modern innovation which saves more energy compared to the usual single speed version.

It has a variable speed drive so is more efficient than the old on/off versions. Don't know if that's a feature on any you have looked at?

Yes we were leaning towards Daikin and away from LG but our local bloke sent a new devis for Panasonic E18PFE saying that he thought it was better as Daikin were putting their prices up and the spec was similar to the Daikin model he had previously quoted for. Looked at the spec on-line it looks like what we want but I note the heating capacity is quoted as 5.8kW (0.98-7.10). I assume that the 7.10 is the max possible and if so it would probably do to replace the Supra wood burner. Any comments about this Panasonic model from experience etc would be appreciated........JR 

Both companies feature inverter technology and both are well respected names in their field.  You need to look at the cold temperature performance not the maximum under ideal conditions like 26 deg air temp for how well they would keep you warm in the depths of winter.  Not really a substitute for wood burner at -10+ deg air temp.

The temperature range quoted for heating is -15 to +24 but so far I have not found an indication of the heating output when outside is -15 but will look further. We would also have a 2kW cheminée electrique and I am thinking of replacing a wall mounted electric radiator with a accumulateur unit. We do have a couple of poêle à pétrole should we need them like during power cuts........JR