New build~sourcing products from the UK & France

SteveH

We're planning a new build & my question relates to any future property & potential capital gains

We'll be using a French registered builder, however, if we choose to source some of the materials/fixings from the UK how does that work when completing the build with against a sale in years to come?

If for example we buy a kitchen & floor tiles, who knows, possibly bathroom pottery for example who do we account for this when finishing the house for Tax D'Habitation & Fonciers & any Capital Gains.

Of course, we'd have invoices & receipts to show the purchase but if we brought out said items personally there'd be no proof they were ever used in France?

Maybe I'm looking for a problem that isn't there but thought it'd be sensible to at least consider any implications first.

Thanks in anticipation

Taxe d'habitation is based on the notional rental value of a property and what it cost to build it is not particularly relevant in that calculation.

What you say about proving that you used materials bought outside of France could equally apply to materials bought in France so is not something to worry about.

Capital gains are only payable on secondary residences.

You might find this interesting.

[url]http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/finance-taxation/taxation/local-property-taxes[/url]

I personally would buy materials where they are cheapest spec for spec including the cost of shipping. When screwfix will deliver to France anyway that's the consumeables done. I advocate creating a shopping list of typical materials ..don't include metalwork as the price is volatile then send the list to your local French merchants and ask them to give you a Devis based on estimated quantities. I do this every year round my way and because the local know I will go to the guy at the right price it seems to work. Some merchants will not play ball, I simply go to the next. I get my heavy side stuff from one place, drainage and insulation at another, timber from the scierie etc.It's fun having a little haggle and there's no language barrier we all seem to be able to speak €euro