Outdoor floor paint. terrace sealing

f1steveuk

I will, at some stage, be tiling out front terrace, which sits above the entrance to our garage. It gets direct sun all morning, but has a tendency to hold water when it REALLY rains!!

In the meantime (probably three or four years) I want to spruce it up, and seal it as I am building a garden workshop underneath.

Anyone used a outdoor floor paint sealer? Any good French ones, or ship from the UK? Prefer a matt finish, non slip etc etc

Or  am I the first!!

The Lidl Baufix elastic floor paint is superb, I am using it on outside concrete window cills, cast iron dauphins and other exterior stuff that previously only lasted one winter, its as good as it gets and stretches 400% so if you manage to paint over a crack filling the fissure it will not crack the paint when it expands and contracts, really nice stuff to apply also, unbelievably the brushes wash out in water, from the smell of the stuff and the way it went on I thought it must have been a misprint and I would end up with a gooey mess trying to wash the brush with water but it just washed right out.

Hope you dont have to wait too long until it hits the shelves again.

Available in any colour you like as long as its grey!

Satin I would say with enough coats, one single coat would cover but you get the matt texture of the concrete showing through, slippery? Well i dont walk on my window cills at 15" off the ground when its raining!!

They are damp at the moment and dont feel slippery, again they are on weathered concrete, as soon as any dirt gets trodden in I doubt you would have problems.

What about getting your tiles to stick in the future?

I've used Luxens Peinture Sol (Leroy-Merlin), it's satin and is not slippery. It's on our front steps and porch, get's all weathers; been down just 12 months now (funny, it must have been dry at this time last year, but that's another story) and looks fine. It took 2 coats to cover properly. Available in a wide range of 3 or 4 colours! [:D]