Drilling into a heated floor?

dave21478

It aint my birthday - I just made a half-circle round the numerical keypad when choosing a username!

I didnt laugh at it as such.....just disregarded it![:P] mainly because its a large chateau and takes literally days for the heating to start warming up.

When our plumber/chauffagiste fitted the underfloor heating and the bathroom suite he didn't lay heating pipes under the wc pan or under the shower tray. I presume for exactly the reason that you've come across now.

I took photographs of the heating pipes for future reference, not that it helps you, I know! It was interesting to see what he specified.

[quote user="dave21478"]It aint my birthday - I just made a half-circle round the numerical keypad when choosing a username!

I didnt laugh at it as such.....just disregarded it![:P] mainly because its a large chateau and takes literally days for the heating to start warming up.

[/quote]

I thought you once said that it was, you have hinted at your age which tallied with a birth year of 1978, and there was me thinking that we thought alike because our birthdays were a couple of days (and a couple of décades [:D]) apart [:$]

I'm connecting up a 0.5m2 heating mat in the new laundry room today, I will chuck some water over it to see if the trick works even on a warm day in sunlight and how long it takes.

I never thought that I would find a use for the remaining small mats amongst my job lot, my electric blanket is 3 times as powerfull as the heating mat!

[quote user="Chancer"]

I thought you once said that it was, you have hinted at your age which tallied with a birth year of 1978, and there was me thinking that we thought alike because our birthdays were a couple of days (and a couple of décades [:D]) apart [:$]

[/quote]

Just a couple! [;-)]

Tried the floor washing trick today on carrelage over an UFH mat and it wasnt as definitive as the laminate flooring, you could see which area was heated and which not but I could not make out the individual heating elements.

Maybe it was the first of my 3 heated laminate floors that displayed the characteristic, for the 2nd and 3rd I encased the element in ragréage to act as a heat sink.