Apartment refurb

pennyviz

Hi All

Looking to do a ski apartment refurb (new kitchen/bathroom/small building works) and be grateful of any help. We are based in UK but apartment is in La Tour, near Argentiere. Can anyone recommend a good local builder? it's hard enough finding a good one in the UK let alone finding one willing to travel!

Any shops that can deliver, have Schmidt are based both in UK and France - any other suggestions?

Thanks

My advice would be to get several quotes from local tradesmen, make sure they're legally registered in any case but especially if you're hoping to claim any allowable expenses back against taxes at any stage, and if various trades are involved then find a plumber for the plumbing, a tiler for the tiling, a roofer for the roofing, etc. And be prepared for a bit of a wait because good artisans are usually booked up for months ahead. At least that's been my experience but I'm in a different part of France.

PS it sounds as if you are wanting to decide on the materials to be installed but you might also find that some artisans will insist on specifying and supplying the materials themselves. They tend to be wary of fitting materials provided by the customer because they have to guarantee the finished job.

I agree and don't be shocked with the quotes. There is good reason why artisans in France appear to be very expensive, and that is because the amount they have to pay the government is enormous and they have to make a living too.