Complete France Forum

Para-Olympics

Well, they are over and what a spectacle; and I am filled with immense admiration for the folk who took part and for the seamless organisation. So much courage and dedication. Long may the event thrive and long may the Para folks be able to practise their sports. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

Well, they are over and what a spectacle; and I am filled with immense admiration for the folk who took part and for the seamless organisation. So much courage and dedication. Long may the event thrive and long may the Para folks be able to practise their sports. 

I wholeheartedly agree AB, I even think they were better than the ordinary Olympics,  though I watched some events through tears moved by the courage of some of the competitors. Also, I was impressed by the comradeship and compassion of all those taking part. I was disappointed in the French results and when I spoke to a French friend he said, "Why are you surprised? Disabled people in France aren't catered for very well, look at the Metro and the Train services etc". Isn't that sad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1