Complete France Forum

What's happened to this place?

frexpt

I appreciate that I have not looked in here for a while, but this forum is like a ghost town.

It's widely accepted that forums have suffered at the expense of other forms of social media so far as attracting younger members are concerned, but this forum always had a mostly grey presence.

Where has everybody gone ?  Is there a splinter group set up elsewhere ?

54 minutes ago, frexpt said:

I appreciate that I have not looked in here for a while, but this forum is like a ghost town.

It's widely accepted that forums have suffered at the expense of other forms of social media so far as attracting younger members are concerned, but this forum always had a mostly grey presence.

Most are dead I guess. 

Wait to the Russian bots get wind of this forum….it will come alive. And we will all be fighting each other. You know like in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

It's summer, we're all on hols!!! Always quiet at holiday time, no matter the season!  And in many places it's been too  hot to think!

I've only beenn popping in, too busy on hols to do any more!

It's a very quiet place.  I don't know where all the old timers have gone, but they have gone.

Why ?  I think there are likely many reasons and they are not here to ask.

And there has been the Olympics which took a lot of time, and the garden, and the BBC’s Turkish Detective series, and walks in the woods and long slow drinks in the shaded café terrace, and a trip to London ( in my case) and the family descent from Belgium……. need one go on.

Actually, there is quite a bit of information being requested and advice given and decent comments.

I guess as Autumn arrives the usual level or rapier like wit will reengage as members wake from their summer slumbers and exchange intellectual opinions about the state of France, the French State, Mr Macron, taxes, the French health system and Norman’s piles!

On 05/08/2024 at 10:43, frexpt said:

It seems to me that you have provided your own answer.  How long is it since you last posted on here?  What was the post about?  Was it, by any chance, for posing a question to which you needed an answer?

There you have it!  Some people only come here once in a blue moon to seek solutions and, once they have obtained the information or advice they need, they disappear again and will only be back when they have something else to ask about.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Le Petomane said:

Norman's post about Wooly's banana is probably libellous. To prove it was not a libel, he would have to prove it was true.......

The proof of the pudding is in the eating 😈