Complete France Forum

my culinary tip for today

menthe

Want to make a quick soup with next to no effort?

Here's what to do.  You buy a package of "anti gaspi" vegetables of the popular St Eloi brand and use it from frozen.

As with most soups, I use a mix of olive oil and butter.  Heat in a pan, tip in the pack of veg, thin with water or vegetable stock if wished.  Heat up, simmer for a bit and you will see a wonderful velouté in the pan.

I used the carrots, squash, potatoes pack so it was a nice orange colour.  I also noticed a pack with green veg and will try that next time.

Snip some parsely or another herb of your choice, swirl over (artistically, if possible) a drizzle of cream (I suppose some pesto paste might also be good), grinding of black pepper, some croutons if liked and there is your soup.

Advantages of doing it like this is that anti gaspi is exactly that, no waste, no peelings choppings or dicings and if properly presented looks like you have spent a lot of time doing it the traditional way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was young single and lived in a bedsit with a baby Belling as the cooking oven, I hardly ever ate in, but when I did, a tin of beef, a tin of vegetables in a sauce pan, heat up, voila Casserole ala NickP  😄