Complete France Forum

Yes, but if you were going to be pedant the title of the thread is Euros plural.

From wiki:

The euro (plural euros) is the official currency of the European Union.

Euros may also refer to

( I've obviously got too much time on my hands 😜 )

Preferred the British GP at the weekend. That was exciting
..for once. It was really entertaining. Well done Lewis.

Football

I last about 5 minutes watching it and then end up sticking needles in my eyes for entertainment.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

Has the word ‘pedant’ not been banned as discriminatory, particularly against older people, likely to cause confusion with other words beginning with ‘ped’, and implying an educated user which is now definitely infra dig. It has been replaced by ‘duh’!🙀

Bringing this back to France

I do love watching and playing PĂ©tanque.

It is up there with the coolest sports in history. Fantastic sport. I really really love it. 

It is like snooker on gravel.

Watching grandpa’s doing their stuff. And the younger generation.

It used to be on TV
.not sure it is now.

So yeah, I would rather watch a PĂ©tanque match than a load of diving cheating overpaid idiots kicking a ball about.

You can’t cheat in pĂ©tanque, it is what it is.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

The joke of all this football nonsense is that.............do a quick wage comparison on Google if you like............... between footballers, brain or heart surgeons, doctors, airline pilots, air traffic controllers - the list is endless of all those people who do a lot more than kick a ball around a field, or dare I say it, whack a small green ball across a net to each other for hours on end. Of course Nike do not sponsor surgeons, pilots etc. do they?😉

If you did not have people who like watching sports with their reasonably paid stars, this woman would not be happy. I think there are more mugs off the field than on it.

Denise Coates, CEO of Bet365, paid herself £221 million in 2023. While she is not a FTSE 100 CEO, we have to give a special mention to Coates, who has ranked as the highest-paid Chief Executive in the UK for several years. Coates has now earned £1.4 billion in four years – which is almost equal to the total GDP of the Caribbean island, Antigua and Barbuda.