Complete France Forum

UK elections

Have organised a proxy vote this year .. my proxy has had confirmation of her being my proxy, the last time we emailed each other, but no poll card as yet, but I expect it will arrive soon. 

• Thanks 1

Judith and others voting by proxy, thought you might like to know that our proxy voter sent a message today to say that both our voting cards arrived at his house in South Wales.

I was afraid that they were cutting it a bit fine but now that's one more thing I can cross off my list.

I don't know what to say to people in your position.  It looks to be too LATE.

Even here in France where our post has been unfailingly reliable, I notice that things seem to be taking an extra day to arrive.  I have noticed this particularly since my OH gets his blood results by post.

Also the factrice seems to come these days after lunch instead of about mid morning.

As for Royal Mail, I have no idea about their performance.

Menthe,

I obviously don't know which laboratory does the blood tests for your husband, however, I thought it may be worth mentioning, for you and other members that Astralabs laboratory will send you the results by e-mail. Normally the same day and sent as pdf file. Our nurse gave us the option of e-mail so may be worth asking. Hope that helps.

Our labs round here do that too .. "par internet" they say, ie you go online to their web site and download it, having set up your login etc first.  Swift and simple. 

Thanks le m-p and Judith.  Yes, I get my lab results via email and I have a password to log onto the results page.

My OH prefers to get his stuff by post and TBH I don't think he is particularly bothered about a couple of days extra to wait.  If it was urgent, for example, covid nasal swab results, we'd request email.

• Like 1

We finally received our postal ballot forms in the post on Friday 28th.  votes cast and mailed off immediately.

I had previously congratulated the local authority on how painless and efficient the procedure for registering for a postal vote had seemed to be, but now felt moved not so much to complain as to express doubt over whether ours would make it back in time.

I received a comprehensive reply which made it clear that the Government has to realise that short timescales will increasingly fail to work with the number of postal ballots increasing, particularly for overseas voters.  Didn't I read somewhere that the postal vote percentage is approaching 25% ?

Certainly for us the postal services are not to blame, which the media would have us all believe.    From the date of nominations closing, there are 600+ different ballot packages to be printed by a limited number of printers.  A nightmare for the local authority !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...