Complete France Forum

Dont even try to get my chicken!

• anotherbanana changed the title to Dont even try to get my chicken!

As you know I got this dog from a refuge; on her papers, having been seen by a vet before I got her, it said she had not been sterilised so the refuge gave me a bon to have it done. Took her in first thing this morning, got a call at 1400 hrs to say that I could pick her up at 1700hrs and that all was well, BUT THAT SHE BEEN SOME TIME AGO. Surely the inspection at the refuge should have spotted that and not put this lovely animal through surgery and pain. BL**DY HEL*

Are you saying they did a surgical procedure on her today ?  Or that they saw the surgical scar from the previous surgery and did not open her up ?

Gee, that's awful, poor girl.  Under these types of circumstances, I would have thought they would do an Ultrasound prior to surgery.  With adopted dogs, you simply never know for sure.

Hopefully she will recover quickly since it is mainly the surgical cut and the overall trauma she has to deal with, not organ removal.  Certainly serious, but hopefully less complicated.

Maisy had a disturbed evening and night. I think she was both in pain and shocked whined a lot and and demanded lots of comforting and petting. She is much better this morning but definitely cant understand why she cant have her chicken; it is designed to be thrown and for her run after which, if done many, many times a day is getting her weight down. But no running for a week so no squeaky chicken! Vets orders.

Poor thing, I'm sure she is totally confused and wondering why she was put through such torture.  I imagine she has to wear that horrible neck collar so she won't chew at the wound.  It'll be a long week for Maisy (and the banana) and should never have had to happen.

Lots of hugs for Maisy.