Complete France Forum

It is far too hot in France...this is not good.

It is far far far too hot in France.

We are most certainly in a climate crisis. There is no doubt about that.

This is not good at all. If this heat lasts through to September then....well....I think we are doomed.

Crops are dommed in France and we are already in a food crisis with the Ukraine situation. 

How many times have I read on forums that peeps want to move to France from the UK for the weather. 

Well, you really really don't. 

Please rain ! I like the rain. 

Yep it's hot !  Just came in from a walk.  Was 27 when we set out at 10h00.  A slight breeze or it would have been dreadful under the sun.

I feel very bad for the farmers.  All of us will suffer the consequences.

Yes, ALBF, I'm sure you blame Macron.

The problem also is that France is one/if not the most visited countries in the world.

Now think about this. Millions of people will be visiting France this year.

- That will mean plane pollution.

- Car pollution (1000's of KM's roads will be jammed all over France every weekend).

- Massive demand for water (people taking showers and flushing loos and drinking more etc). Where is the water coming from ?

- Massive demand for food....and there is not enough to go around at the moment. A lot will be wasted. Resouces to cook it etc.

- Lots of waste...plastics and all that. 

... I could go on. But you get my meaning.

So yeah, Mr Macron who is now concentrating on being green forgets the massive environmental impact thar tourism has on France. But that is OK.

Do the economic benefits outweigh the environmental costs ?

I'm not so sure. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

You need to research historical droughts and famines in France - the current sleight of hand of "it's the highest temperature ever recorded in France" is deeply suspect IMHO.

Why?

Ok - here we go. 

In the days of yore, distinguished educated gentlemen of a scientific bent would religiously record temperatures at the same time time every day from their scrupulously calibrated mercury thermometers installed in a standard stevenson screen at the scientifically correct location for that device -away from buildings, roads, trees, and any source of  radiated heat. This was to avoid any undue influence of the surroundings on the accuracy of the measurements.

What do they do nowadays?

Stick an electronic sensor on the top of a building in the middle of a town with black tarmac roads everywhere and call it an " absolutely true temperature reading - honest guv"

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

Notes

If a sensor or a thermometer is installed within a classic stevenson screen ( that's those funny looking square louvered things on metre high legs painted white) if it's painted with modern paint containing modern titanium dioxide pigment as against the old standard pigment of limewash even that can raise the measured temperature by the contained thermometer by 0.8 F.

You can see why nobody is objecting to this.

The whole object of this deception is to prove that there is a warming trend.

But there has been no warming trend in the USA since the 1930's - it's been cooling ever since then.

The warming trend you are seeing in the media is due to fraudulently altered ( adjusted) data, the past records are "cooled" and the current readings are "adjusted" to "prove " warming, that's what is going on.

All the above is documented and provable.

• Like 1

You need to research historical droughts and famines in France - the current sleight of hand of "it's the highest temperature ever recorded in France" is deeply suspect IMHO.

Why?

Ok - here we go. 

In the days of yore, distinguished educated gentlemen of a scientific bent would religiously record temperatures at the same time time every day from their scrupulously calibrated mercury thermometers installed in a standard stevenson screen at the scientifically correct location for that device -away from buildings, roads, trees, and any source of  radiated heat. This was to avoid any undue influence of the surroundings on the accuracy of the measurements.

Stick an electronic sensor on the top of a building in the middle of a town with black tarmac roads everywhere and call it an " absolutely true temperature reading - honest guv"

Notes

If a sensor or a thermometer is installed within a classic stevenson screen ( that's those funny looking square louvered things on metre high legs painted white) if it's painted with modern paint containing modern titanium dioxide pigment as against the old standard pigment of limewash even that can raise the measured temperature by the contained thermometer by 0.8 F.

But there has been no warming trend in the USA since the 1930's - it's been cooling ever since then.

The warming trend you are seeing in the media is due to fraudulently altered ( adjusted) data, the past records are "cooled" and the current readings are "adjusted" to "prove " warming, that's what is going on.

4 hours ago, Harnser said:

Why?

Ok - here we go. 

Notes

Being a 'stats' freak' (I keep records of the most unlikeliest of things!) I record , everyday, the weather where I live and have done so for many years. Unquestionably there is 'weather change' though I'm not convinced by any of the arguments for 'global warming'. The noticeable difference over the last 10 years or so has been the decrease in storms. Other than that, the weather has , more or less followed a quite predictable pattern., here at least! This year has been a little odd with the lack of rain, so far! It would be ridiculous for anyone to think the weather will remain the same year in and year out. Given that records have only been well kept for a couple of hundred years means that absolute weather history is scant at best. 'Global warming'; well it simply depends on what you believe to be true and that depends on what and who you read!!   Any proper conclusions can only be arrived at by looking at all arguments. Most people don't!!!

Living in Brittany since 2009 we are getting the impression that here at least, the general weather pattern seems to be getting cooler and wetter. Haven't got any figures to back that up but a good signal is OH's hydrangeas which she has grown since we got here. This last winter is the first time that they have been frost bitten in 12 years.

When we get hot spells they are not as dangerously hot or last as long, also we now use more heating fuel over the winters than we used to.  

Most people will have heard of the desperate cries for help from the Maldive Islands.

"please help us we're drowning, the sea level is rising because of climate change and we are all going to drown - etc"

The cabinet of the Maldivian government even staged a videoed underwater cabinet meeting and streamed it worldwide to highlight their plight. The UN responded by bunging them a few billion $. The UN obviously couldn't deny that there was a "problem" with sea level rise in the Maldives as the UN has been and still is one of the chief propaganda mongers for climate change.

So one of the major scammers - the UN - got scammed by the Maldivians - nice one boys, you are obviously more intelligent than the chair polishers at the UN.

What did the government of the Maldives do with the money?

They built 5 new airports and loads of tourist hotels because they knew that the global sea level increase is only between 2 to 3 millimetres. Some of the islands have even increased in area.

If you want to check out if the Maldives are drowning yet,  check out these live streamed video webcams.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/maldives/south-male-atoll/akasdhoo/akasdhoo.html

Looks nice there!