Complete France Forum

PV électronique.

The PV électronique will start in deux-sèvres on the 29th of february.

The first area to be covered will be Niort but it will spread quickly as equipment is delivered.

The lack of a notification under the windscreen wipers may cause problems for casual visitors to secondary residences as the notification may lie undiscovered in a letter box.

Only last week my Maire said there were regular contrôles by the Gendarmerie of illegal parking in my area, I challenged him and said that they come once a year and hadnt been for 18 months, his response was that they just drive by now, note the registration numbers and send out the PV's and that there are no longer any papillons (tickets on windscreen?). I was fairly certain that he was once again bulls*****g and would really like to know if that is the case, is yours a pilot scheme PPP?

He has begrudgingly accepted that I be part of the committee charged with the amenagement project of my road, the parking and cycle paths, which does of course mean that he now has no choice and finally talks to me, although I was a bit peturbed to be tutoyered by someone that has so long refused to talk to me except for through one of the secretaries.

Do you think that he is just a shy but nice guy after all or is he cruising for bruising [6]

[quote user="Mac"]OK Stupid question coming up. I know I don't live anywhere near you but-what is a PV?[/quote]I don't think it's a stupid question at all but SD's link explains it.

Can I just make a plea to the master of the obscure, Senor Pacha, that maybe he use a somewhat less baffling title for threads with such useful info' in them as this one?  It's something many forum members will need to know but which perhaps they will skip as the initials PV may be meaningless to many, not just Mac.  Great for mentioning it, P, but sometimes I do think you can be a little obtuse!

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The first area to be covered will be Niort but it will spread quickly as equipment is delivered.

The lack of a notification under the windscreen wipers may cause problems for casual visitors to secondary residences as the notification may lie undiscovered in a letter box.

[/quote]

When I first read this I was very impressed.

Up until now the only time I've ever seen PV used as an abbreviation is for per vagina examination.

[quote user="NickP"]

It seems that everybody in our Department, Loir et Cher has to buy new Euro parking discs for the "blue zones" , the new ones only allow 1 hour free parking instead of the old 1 1/2 hours. Is this the same in other departments?

[/quote]

Keep in touch! Just pop in to your insurer and pick up a disque with their publicity on it.

At my insurer it costs € 0,00.

[quote user="JK"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

Up until now the only time I've ever seen PV used as an abbreviation is for per vagina examination.

[/quote]

I would imagine about 40,000,000 of the 60,000,000 + frogs would be able to tell you what a PV is.....try connecting with 3 ( pas per vagina), on the basis of normal Quality Assurance Probability Models one of them should know. An ever so teeny-weeny bit of integration will yield synergical rewards.[;-)]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="JK"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine about 40,000,000 of the 60,000,000 + frogs would be able to tell you what a PV is.....try connecting with 3 ( pas per vagina), on the basis of normal Quality Assurance Probability Models one of them should know. An ever so teeny-weeny bit of integration will yield synergical rewards.[;-)]

[/quote]

Oh dear.  So 20,000,000 frogs not even a teeny-weeny bit integrated in their own country?

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="NickP"]

It seems that everybody in our Department, Loir et Cher has to buy new Euro parking discs for the "blue zones" , the new ones only allow 1 hour free parking instead of the old 1 1/2 hours. Is this the same in other departments?

[/quote]

Keep in touch! Just pop in to your insurer and pick up a disque with their publicity on it.

At my insurer it costs € 0,00.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info Malcolm, unfortunately Direct Line or the Cooperative insurance are not supplying free parking discs for France. As I don't have a French registered car I was quite happy to pay the 2 Euro cost in the local French supermarket, especially as I won't be burdened with PV parking tickets dropping through my letter box. [:D]

Archived