Complete France Forum

Hoovering the dog!

Harley

I was busy hoovering the rug today, which the dog has decided to start moulting all over, when he suddenly came and plonked himself down by the nozzel.  Now this is strange because normally he won't go anywhere near the hoover.  I could see all the loose hairs just waiting to drop out all over the bit I had just cleaned, so I ran the hoover over the dogs back.  He loved it!  Just lay there, rolled over and came back for more when I continued to clean the rug.  So there I was hoovering the dog!  I hate to think how I would have explained that one away to a French neighbour.[&]

Hi

We look after dogs in our home as a business, we are looking after 2 retrievers on a long stay, they have no passport, both of them ask to be hoovered, they love it and just don't want  you to stop once you have started.  I t doesn't seem to make any difference to the amount of dog hairs on the floor though.

Regards

Nina

My dog got a bit too nosey one day when I had the nozzle off.  He was only a wee pup and half his muzzle got caught up it.  It hasnt detered him though, he still has a go.  Brave boy my dog!  Sorry to go off (I'm not hijacking) but he has a fetish about eating socks.  However hard you try to keep them out of the way he will find them especially with two kids about the place.  Could this do him big time damage??  By the way I dont know how many are in him but I'v caught him 'passing' three.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Mind he doesn't become a "sock puppy" !

[/quote]

Yeah, what a fine pair we'd make ! Ms k Kat

I think wags is the right word to use here.

Why do dogs do that thing with underwear? Dragging it round the house when your aunty has come to tea etc

Cats don't do it. I can't think of any other pet that does it, not even those big lizardy things.

Cats can be quite embarrassing too.  One of ours humps a very old and squashed teddy bear.   Normally he keeps him in the bedroom but when there are visitors he carries him downstairs in his mouth, and then goes into energetic humping mode.   He is usually rewarded by much laughter, so presumably thinks that he is doing the right thing by exhibiting his strange habits in this way.......

Does your cat howl whilst he's at it? Ours howls and squeals with delight and if one of the other cats goes too near starts to get growly. I feel like a right perve sometimes when he's at it and we sit and listen to the noise as it is so funny.  Our other male likes to sit on my Dyson whilst I use it and pull it along but it does get very hot round the motor so he soon hops off.