Complete France Forum

Lucky, lucky, lucky

Weedon

[quote user="Bugsy"]Check out the bank robbers....................[:)]
[/quote]

Check out the stupid cops, ability to read situation......nil points

Bugsy, still can't believe the Randy Mamola esk re mount. When Randy did it it was amzing that guy incredible.

[quote user="teapot"]

Bugsy, still can't believe the Randy Mamola esk re mount. When Randy did it it was amazing that guy is incredible.

[/quote]

I saw Ron Haslam do something similar at Mallory Park when he was riding for Honda. In the practice session he was flipped off the bike coming out of the chicane but managed to hold on to the bars. He was half-way down the pit straight before managing to bring it safely to a halt. When asked why he hung on he said "Its a brand new bike and I don't have a spare with me"[:D]

A real riding god.

The maximum lean angle on a Moto GP bike is around 55 degrees in the dry and 45 degrees in the wet.

When the front tyre lets go (loses grip) normally riders fall off (very quickly), its called a 'lowside' fall and tends to be less damaging in most circumstances..

When the rear tyre lets go there is much more chance of a safe recovery, but also more of a chance of a 'highside' where the rider is thrown in the air over the bike......ouch!!

Weedons clip shows Colin Edwards is using his knee and elbow to bring the bike back up to a point when the tyres regain grip............amazing skill.

The knee is used by racers to measure (for consistancy) their lean angles.

Gary.

Archived