Complete France Forum

Re: Have you seen this?

Kitty

I heard Barry Humphries tell of a stunt in his younger days on the tube ...he entered the train and took his seat  and at stops down the line he had people come  on and hand him food...Started with toast...by the time the tube got to its destination he was sitting eating a full english breakfast laid out in front of him ....

[quote user="Frederick"]   I heard Barry Humphries tell of a stunt in his younger days on the tube ...he entered the train and took his seat  and at stops down the line he had people come  on and hand him food...Started with toast...by the time the tube got to its destination he was sitting eating a full english breakfast laid out in front of him .... [/quote]

I recall that, when I lived in London in the late 70s, there was a group called Tube Theatre, who did stunts such as Barry H's (above).  For example, a man would get something like a tie stuck in a door and ask for people to help release him.  It would remain stuck but he would say that it's OK as he would be able to release it at the next station, knowing that the doors would open only on the opposite side.

Archived