Complete France Forum

Re: Benefits claimant admits income scam

NormanH

I love the Daily Smash articles and others of that genre [:D]

His income is pretty much identical to mine (although I am not on benefits) and we spend it on the same things, utility bills and food from Lidl!

Even his plate of food looks the same.

If I were to put up a satellite dish and get Sky we could be one and the same person.

Beats working for a living [;-)]

I nearly choked when I read 'full colour tv'. Is there really any other sort these days?

I'm glad he is happy, I know enough people on the dole who are not happy and want work and write and write and write applications and not even a 'get lost' letter. Our local Job Centre........... now that is a misnomer, no proper assessment,  basically no help. Just a waste of time they are.

errrmmm, yes, but you know how fiction often reflects life, well  I do know someone in exactly that situation. The difference being that if a job came from their applications, then they would take it, well probably would take it, but they are a happy as they are.

It just reminds me of all the others that are not and I'm in a right stroppy mood with govermental things at the moment[Www].

[quote user="Chancer"]

Errm, you do realise that its a spoof report Idun?

In fact maybe ANO took it at face value as well.

[/quote]

And then you get the non spoof reports - this week, a couple who are very industrious 'knocking out' kids such that they receive £49k in benefits. They comment that to find work would mean a lower income.

Sorry, but I genuinely believe that these peole should be compulsorily sterilised and much cheaper if boiling water is used.

Yes, Norman, a very sad case indeed which should never have happened if the professionals had been doing their jobs right. And no doubt there will be other cases such as this which get through the net, but it does not change the fact that thousands of people have been obtaining benefits which they did not deserve when they could have been working, at the expense of the taxpayer, committing social fraud, if you like. Such a situation could not continue. And hopefully the new benefit and its allocation to people who do deserve it will bed down with time, saving a heck of a lot of hard earned cash for the government to spend elsewhere on inflated fees for consultants, guns, games and politicians' jaunts.