Complete France Forum

Whats happened to Dick

verviale

The lovely lad was waffling on about something on Miki's thread "Post mortem something or other" a couple of days ago.

If you want Dick to appear (woops!) then just put your apostrophes in all the wrong places.

If you want to see Miki just talk about breasts[:-))]

Talking of exclusions, I am suprised you have not been excluded from the forum Chris, your avatar has  an obscene slant in one paticular direction,  when glanced at from afar, lets hope the mods have not noticed, I wouldn,t want to dob you in or anything.

[quote user="verviale"]Talking of exclusions, I am suprised you have not been excluded from the forum Chris, your avatar has  an obscene slant in one paticular direction,  when glanced at from afar, lets hope the mods have not noticed, I wouldn,t want to dob you in or anything.[/quote]

He has to have it like that to tackle this

Because he was the greatest defender I ever saw and the chap next to

him, the greatest goal scorer England ever produced. Oh and I think

they were nice chaps as well !

Not sure what one should have as an avatar really.................is there a netty rule ?

Hello all. Sorry not to have been around - and just when I was in with a stab at Miki's record number of posts...

Well, No2 son and his delightful wife are coming over for a visit from the States starting tomorrow, and we have decorated the hall, stairs, landing and dining room in the last 4 weeks. After work...

Then, on Tuesday evening, I was sorting out the floorboards on the landing, prior to the carpet fitter coming (but now he isn't, different story) and I screwed through a water pipe. Emergency plumbers etc., water through the brand-new ceilings downstairs, boards having to be replaced, joists chiselled back to get boards to lie flat etc. etc. - you all get the picture, I am sure.

And yes, Chris, I am thoroughly acquainted with the Head's more assertive side, but I don't get a lot of time at work, now have extra job of trying to improve the achievement of working-class girls. No jokes, please, I've already heard them all. So even that isn't an option any more.

So I probably won't be posting much until Keir and Lara go back, but I am perfectly well, thank you all for asking, except for where I got the splinter under my thumbnail and the arthritis in my thumb not helped by several hours of demolition work with a 1" chisel.

Migraine tablets, a spare power adaptor for my laptop and some sweets for his brother, apparently. He is looking forward to a bacon sandwich and a good curry (so he might as well be living in France).

The girls thing - like most London schools we have a number of girls, mostly white working-class, who end up with few, if any, good GCSEs, yet they are far from stupid. But that is a spectrum - it may also be making sure that someone gets a chance at a job as a hairdresser, for example, but giving them some realistic sense of what they can achieve. Not entirely sure how I'm going to do it at the moment...

[quote user="Diva Star"]

[quote user="verviale"]Talking of exclusions, I am suprised you have not been excluded from the forum Chris, your avatar has  an obscene slant in one paticular direction,  when glanced at from afar, lets hope the mods have not noticed, I wouldn,t want to dob you in or anything.[/quote]

He has to have it like that to tackle this

[/quote]

Good grief! I've always wondered where baby trees came from............

I'm SURE I saw a scene like that in "The Evil Dead" some years back.[:$]

Spongebob.

[quote user="Miki"]Because he was the greatest defender I ever saw and the chap next to him, the greatest goal scorer England ever produced. Oh and I think they were nice chaps as well !

Not sure what one should have as an avatar really.................is there a netty rule ?

[/quote]

That reminds me of a story my old dad told me in 1966.  He was from Stratford in London and a full WHU supporter.  He was working in Newcastle at the time and how proud he felt at "his boys" lifting the cup in such a "hostile" domain.

Wish I could have been there.  Well I could have but nobody would have wanted to have been on the Cow and Gate rota.

I know just what you mean,when my Lad comes home and his cousins and partners,we have a really great family day, its wonderful to be young with them, they really love being together and get on so well, thats one of the reasons I have developed the house in France, they have past that , only want to go to Greece stage and all descend on us now in the summer,put in a pool this year having saved madly for four years.It was like Butlins one day in the summer, and lovely Barbqs,I sat there watching them all playing ball in the pool and thought it will never get better than this.Only the patter of tiny feet to come, I hope eventually!!!!! Have a great day Dick.

Archived