Complete France Forum

IQ test

Bugsy

I'm like Dick, my spatial skills are rubbish - in fact I was told, when I did some far more comprehensive tests, that I had a female brain. Not sure how to take that.

Perhaps now we have proof of our abilities, they will start treating us like the intelligent, responsible adults we really are?

[quote user="Just Katie "]

Actually is this test timed?  If it was a Mensa test this would be the case.  I have a Mensa score of 134.

[/quote]

I don't think so.  I thought I took a long time on some of the questions, and would have expected that to have lowered my score if it were timed.

Are you sure you did all the pages?

[quote user="ErnieY"]

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/Certificate.jpg[/IMG]

OK, I spent 10 minutes and did it again .............

[/quote]Time to fess up, I cheated....[:$]

I copied Wills certificate, edited it and reposted, the eagle eyed may have spotted that the Name & score text were sharper.

Frankly I have a very low attention span for that sort of thing and got bored about halfway down P2.

My 108 for random answers was correct though.

Well done Gardian, I hope I never meet you in a pub quiz, or if I do we're on the same side...!

I wonder what the max possible is ?

Actually, no I don't....

[quote user="Dotty "]Oh great Dick, that makes me feel so much better, having got the lowest score and all.  Oh apart from Katies 2.[/quote]

Anything over 115 would count as a high mark. 120+ should put you above the 90th percentile (very roughly) of the population. I doubt if very many people are told they are below average - perhaps we need someone else to fess up if they got a low score? I am serious about the ability profile of this forum, though.

I'm with you TU.  If I am really above the 90th percentile, I should have done more with my life !  And I agree with whoever else said - our classification (or at least mine it was 124) means more we are hopeless with numbers and equations...

Daughter plans to take the test this weekend, when she has more time.  I saw where it asks you if you are under age 13.  She is 12 until March 10th of this year, so I wonder if they get a different test...  Anybody notice?

I got 126 - very poor on the spatial tests and I rushed as I thought it might be timed. If you enjoy doing IQ tests try to get hold of the Pelican book Know your own IQ by HJ Eysenck. Also by the same author Know your own Personality. Probably out of print but you can find second hand copies. They take ages to do - suitable for a wet weekend. Eysenck worked on the theory that both intelligence and personality are multifactorial, which seems common sense to me. Pat.

As we seem to have a lot of high IQ people here, does anybody else have any experience of Mensa? In either France or Britain, or anywhere else come to that?

I will just say that in my experience a high IQ is no indication of a sensible, well-rounded individual.

[quote user="Lori"]

I'm with you TU.  If I am really above the 90th percentile, I should have done more with my life !  And I agree with whoever else said - our classification (or at least mine it was 124) means more we are hopeless with numbers and equations...

Daughter plans to take the test this weekend, when she has more time.  I saw where it asks you if you are under age 13.  She is 12 until March 10th of this year, so I wonder if they get a different test...  Anybody notice?

[/quote]

I don't know if they get a different test.  Maybe substitutions for the geometry-related questions or for the ones that seem to assume familiarity with common sayings?  Or maybe some questions are just weighted differently.

I just don't think anyone should take IQ tests, particularly multiple-choice type tests, too seriously. 

I just tried it by answering without reading the questions, just really quickly clicking any answer and still got 84.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make

sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to

solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even

without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative

ideas.

Goes with what Dick/ Fluffy kitty said. 'I doubt if very many people are told they are below average'.

Archived