Complete France Forum

Man and Horse

Christine Animal

Tut tut, none of them were wearing hard hats...

Well, the first one was the sort of rapport we were supposed to build with our horses but never got anywhere near, not even the guy who ran the stables. But when I look back I'm amazed to imagine people like me doing 3ft 6in jumps or making any attempt at all at half passes and leg yielding on a nag that looked as if it should be pulling an Irish tinker's van. That first video is obviously from another planet altogether.

In the second onethe guy is obviously not a rider, but he did pretty well I thought. And I cannot imagine any of the horses I have had anything to do with just standing there and being hoovered like that.

In the first video, the trainer seems to get the horse to kick out backwards by flicking his whip quickly under the horse's stomach in its 'sensitive' area. I'm not convinced that all these results were as a result of horse whispering!

Beryl, I have watched again after what you say and it looks as if he just brushes his whip over the hindquarters as a signal.  To do all that without a bit or a bridle is quite something.  There must be an enormous complicité (can't find the suitable word in English!) between them.

Will, I'm not so sure Conan is such a bad rider the way he sits on the horse and pushes him along at the end (with the wig).   [;-)]

Archived