Complete France Forum

What next !!!! Don,t read this if you hate cats.

verviale

This post should probably be under pets,but as I find it hard to take it seriously, I thought this section was more appropriate, my friend at work told me today about a website dedicated to getting you cat to use the loo instead of its litter tray,the form is as follows, you start off by putting the litter tray next to the toilet and gradually heighten it until it is on the same level as the toilet, then you get a smaller littertray and prop it half on and half off the toilet and gradually get rid of the litter eventually, the cat will use your toilet balancing accross the seat.The site reccomends you duck tape the lid up .I have just run it by my O.H. and other than saying his face was a picture, he said could you imagine getting in the queue behind the cat in the mornings,"Lily is in the loo at the moment , I,m next" Well I thought it might make some of you smile, it certainly made me smile,I wonder if it is an american idea!!!

[quote user="verviale"]Christine, I could not help thinking poor cat, who would put their beloved pets through that.[/quote]

Verviale, I personally can't see why it would be a problem for the cat. I can remember hearing about this many years ago, particularly if they are started young it is meant to be quite natural because they are generally clean animals and instinctively want to cover their feces.  However, having said that, looking at the first video it certainly didn't look very clean. [+o(]  If that was my cat he would have to have his own separate loo and definitely wash his paws before leaving it. [:)]

Edit: The system edited my word but I promise it didn't start with an "s" it started with a more polite "f".[:)]

Archived