Complete France Forum

So British

TWINKLE

This man is clearly bonkers!   Can you imagine what Diana herself would have made of him?   

I just wonder how it is he is able to devote his days to sitting in Court looking like some demented lunatic, blathering-on about Diana and Dodi like they were personal friends of his?   I guess he has nothing  better to do than court publicity for himself by behaving like a complete buffoon in public,  it has after all earned him space in the papers which is like oxygen to someone who craves publicity.  

Time for the blokes in white coats methinks [:D]

Yes Russethouse I think it's very British to be so eccentric.  Have you noticed whenever they interview the crowds who are hanging around to see the Queen or some other Royal there are often many odd characters who talk like they are on familiar terms with them. 

The man is a loony but I'd love to have a cup of tea and a chat with him[:D]

Talking about eccentric loonys -  Hey Furry!

I am currently on a waiting list for a tuna donor to leave me his/her lips[:)]

I watched a great documentary last night on Canal Plus (Family channel) called "Il etait une fois les lémuriens"  Very good!

http://www.programme-tv.net/2008-01-06/4/5/2146612/canal-plus/il-etait-une-fois-les-lemuriens.html

Clever Clair can you do your linky thing again please[:)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Yes Russethouse I think it's very British to be so eccentric.  Have you noticed whenever they interview the crowds who are hanging around to see the Queen or some other Royal there are often many odd characters who talk like they are on familiar terms with them. 

The man is a loony but I'd love to have a cup of tea and a chat with him[:D]
[/quote]

Aren't most of the people who hang round to see the Queen tourists ? [:D]

Twinkle, he is gorgeous[:)] He is nearly the same colour as me pug! He has really cute lips too, very like the pug. "lémuriens" is a lovely word, the French have a way of making words so much more romantic. I hope a tuna will surface for you[:)] Do you ever wonder if there are cosmetic enhancements for fish like "womens lips" I know you can get plastic sturgeons, maybe it's them that do the operations on the fish? who knows indeed!

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Renaud"]"... Yuk! If he is typically British then it is time that I apply for French nationality.[/quote]
In the current climate (Sarko, CMU, 35 hour-week...), are you sure this is what you want? [:P]
[/quote]There are at least two more points in its favour right there then Clair : CMU entry as a French national and the opportunity to vote against M. S in around 4 years' time!

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Clair"][quote user="Renaud"]"... Yuk! If he is typically British then it is time that I apply for French nationality.[/quote]

In the current climate (Sarko, CMU, 35 hour-week...), are you sure this is what you want? [:P]

[/quote]There are at least two more points in its favour right there then Clair : CMU entry as a French national and the opportunity to vote against M. S in around 4 years' time![/quote]

How true! [:D]

That dopey twerp in the first post has the staring eyes of a gibbering imbecile.

This is a real eccentric:-

Lord North was another remarkable eccentric.  He married in September and spent his honeymoon in the Caribbean.  When he returned with his new American wife to Burgholt House in England in October, he announced to his wife that he was going to bed.  His wife was very surprised when he remained in bed for many days and was shocked to be told by a manservant that Lord North always stayed in bed from October 9th until March 22nd.  A large 25 foot dining table was brought into Lord North's bedchamber so that he could entertain people to dinner during these months.  Lord North's explanation for this bizarre behaviour was that no Lord North had got out of bed from October to March since his ancestor had lost the American Colonies!

Archived