Complete France Forum

Some sympathy about the flu bug

Kitty

So I make my journey with 4 children and a dog over La Manche and get back in one piece (a day late but that's another story) and I have gone down with a "l-u-r-g-y".  I am holed up in bed (about 8 pillows) with water and water and more water and my temperature is rising by the minute.

Any ideas of how to sort out this one.  Do I just have to ride it out?  How long will it last?

My 8 year old is just not sympathetic but then he is a boy....

Oh, by the way, can you go to a pharmacy and ask for antibiotics (I think that I have a lung infection as well) or do you have to go to our registered doctor?  Silly question, I know, but since I've been in France , I haven't been to the doctor.

No you can't get antibiotics over the counter.

Take paracetamol every four hours or if really bad alternate with ibuprofen every two hours.  Take plently of liquids and rest.

See a doctor if your chest becomes worse.  If you are not registered with a doctor you can see any one but you will not get a full refund.  If you get really bad during the night dial 15 for the SAMU and they will put you through to your nearest on-call doctor who will come out to you if necessary.

Take care and get well soon.

Thanks Lisleoise and WJT.  I'm making an appointment with my doctor as soon as I go offline - I did register with one fortunately.  I feel ghastly.  I'm trying to rest as much as you can when you have 4 children on your own....

My father's favourite remedy

Take 1/2 bottle of dark rum

empty contents into small saucepan and heat - DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL

pour warm rum into pint glass and retire to bed

when in bed consume contents of glass

the addition of 2 or 3 drops of milk is optional

if you wake up you will be cured

if not, you went with a smile on yr face

For yr possible chest infection you need 2 things - bucket of goose grease and an energetic male to apply it.

Good luck with any/all of the above

John

not

[quote user="Weedon"]

Send those 4 children round to me, I've got lots of garden clearing up to do, they will enjoy that.

[/quote]What flavour are they, I might be interested in eating one, can collect [:D][:D][:D]

Seriously get well soon and be thankful that it's just 4 kids you have to look after, imagine if it was a man [:-))]

Archived